HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family!
We look forward to welcoming back your student(s) next week. Below are some notes and information to help you prepare for the return to school.
I hope you got to see the announcement from 12/23 sharing the exciting news that we are the recipient of a $1600.00 music grant from the NHCF and a $10,000.00 Nurturing Neighbor grant from Shaw’s. We can’t wait to research and implement programs for students and families. We also hope to hear very soon from the NH Dept. of Education on where Allenstown ranks for state building aide towards a possible new K-8 school project. Stay tuned for updates!
Shannon Kruger, ASD Principal
- Monday and Tuesday are Cohort A days. Cohort B returns on Wednesday.
- If your family traveled outside of New England over the holiday, you are a close contact to a positive case, or your student has tested positive, please reach out to Mrs. Brison to confirm your quarantine dates so you know when it will be safe for your child to return to school. You can email Mrs. Brison at [email protected] .
- Your student will begin with a new unified arts class next week.
- If your student wants to play in the snow, please make sure they come to school with boots, snow pants, coat, hat, and gloves. If you need assistance with winter clothing, please reach out to Mrs. Douzanis, School counselor or Mrs. Brison, School Nurse [email protected] or [email protected]
- If your student wears boots to school, please also send along a pair of shoes for the student to wear during the day.
- Click January menus for breakfast and lunch menus.
- Attendance reminder – Parents can call out their student 5 days each year. Absences after those 5 days require documentation or they are considered unexcused absences. Once a student has 5 unexcused absences, they are considered habitually truant according to the State of NH definition. School begins at 8:10. If a student arrives anytime after 8:10, they are considered tardy. If you have any questions, please email Shannon Kruger or Sarah Petersons.
- Remote VLACS Students – Mrs. Petersons will be doing a progress check early next week to make sure all students have a VLACS unified arts class and that every student has requested or has begun their academic classes. As of today, all elementary classes are open (with the exception of a couple grade 2 sections). If you need assistance, please reach out to Mrs. Petersons at [email protected]. We plan to have all remote students fully transitioned from Mrs. Williamson to VLACS very soon.
1/4 and 1/5 – Cohort A returns
1/6 – Cohort B returns
1/11 – School Board meeting at 6:00 at ARD – Additional information about hybrid learning will be available after that date.
1/18 – NO School
1/19 – PTO Meeting – 6:00 pm