Good Evening ARD Families,
It was great to see the students back in the building and they have been amazing. I think they exceeded everyone’s expectations at how easily they acclimated to the protocols that are in place to help keep everyone safe. The hybrid model made our school opening manageable and it allowed staff, students, and administration to problem solve and adjust routines and practices. Staff are taking advantage of the nice weather and the tents we have to get students outside as much as possible for classes and breaks.
Thank you for all your support and helping your student return to school and learning.
Shannon Kruger, ASD Principal
A few reminders:
1. The hybrid schedule for this week is:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday – Cohort A attends school
Wednesday and Friday – Cohort B attends school
2. School Board Meeting – 6:00 pm on Monday, 9/14 at ARD
3. Permission slips will go home with students that signed up for Soccer. The plan is to hold tryouts on Wednesday and Thursday. Every student will need to be cleared by Mrs. Schmidt to attend tryouts.
4. PTO will be holding a Zoom meeting on Tuesday, 9/15 at 6:00 pm. The PTO will be sending out the link.
5. Mr. Kenyon is working on organizing band and chorus and Mrs. Degrave will be sending out knitting permission slips this week. Mrs. Buckland will be speaking with 7th and 8th graders this week to organize Student Council.
6. Each cohort has a spirit day. Cohort A has their spirit day every Thursday. Cohort B has spirit day every Friday. Students wearing green and white or anything that says, “Allenstown” will receive “spirit bucks” which can be spent on PBIS activities. This begins this week.
7. Yearbooks went out to cohort B and they will be distributed to cohort A this week.
8. All students under the age of 18 are eligible for free lunch until 12/31/20 or until funding runs out.
9. Device Agreements are due and all students have been given a copy for parent signature. A device will only be assigned to a student that has a device agreement on record. I have attached the form.
REMEMBER…COHORT A has school tomorrow (Monday).