I hope you are having a great weekend and enjoying the time left before school starts on Tuesday (8/28). I look forward to welcoming all students back to school. We will begin the day together in the gymnasium at 8:00 am (regular start time for ARD). We will begin letting students in around 7:55 to make sure we can begin on time and get students and staff moving on with their day.
Just a few things before we hit the ground running for the 18-19 school year:
- Mother Nature usually saves a few really hot days to kick off the school year and the forecast is looking no different for this year. Please encourage your student to bring a water bottle to school. There are water filling stations on both floors. We will encourage them to stay hydrated.
- Staffing Updates:
- Michael Kenyon, K-8 Music Teacher
- Susan Spezeski will be our Title I Reading AND Math Interventionist and she will be here full time to serve our students.
- Jessica Martel, ARD School Secretary
- Gwen Pham, Allenstown District Secretary (she will still be at ARD a couple days a week).
- Summer Reading and Math – All students were assigned summer reading and everyone was given materials and information. Please check-in with your student to make sure that they have their work for 8/28. Math teachers also provided some math suggestions to help students maintain/improve skills.
- The daily schedule will waterfall this year. While it may seem confusing, the students will quickly adapt. The schedule allows students to have classes at different times of the day. Eagle Block will continue to be a part of the daily schedule, but it will now be in the morning instead of the afternoon.
- Alma is the new student information system replacing MMS. We will have staff available to help parents at the open house on 9/6. You should have already received your new log-in information.
- The school supplies lists are located on the school website. Please let me know if your student needs assistance with getting supplies. ALL students will be provided with a STUDENT AGENDA BOOK at NO COST.
- Soccer tryouts will be 9/5 and 9/6 from 3:15- 5:00. Please make sure that your student has an updated physical on file with Denise Schmidt, School Nurse. We do have vouchers for free physicals in the main office if you need one; please contact Jess Martel at 485-4474, ext. 100. I am excited to share that Mr. Fischer will be our coach. If you have questions, please email Mr. Fischer at [email protected].
- The student lunch price has risen from $2.50 to $2.60 per day for the 18-19 school year.
- Menu for the first week of school:8/28: Ham and Cheese Roll-up, tomato slices, and a peach cup
8/29/18: Cheese Pizza, garden salad, and mixed fruit
8/30/18: Cheeseburger, cucumber/pepper slices, apple slices
- ARD Open House is 9/6 from 5:15 – 7:00 – MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
- Devices will not be handed out until we have the vast majority of the forms returned. There will be a large packet of paperwork that will come home with your student on 8/28. Please try to get that returned as soon as possible. Thank you!