Summer is here and so is the heat. A One Call Now announcement went out earlier today to let all Allenstown families know that tomorrow, Monday, 6/7 will be an early release day.
Shannon Kruger, ASD Principal
Here are a few other notes as we plan for the final 10 days of school.
1. All Walk/Run Race permission slips must be turned into the office by the end of the day on Wednesday. We will need Thursday to make sure that we have staffing available to safely run all parts of the race. We will have a shorter route this year and that is attached. Parents can line up on the route to cheer on students, but they are not able to join their children on the route. The actual timing is still being worked on and that will go out later this week.
2. Mrs. Clark and Mrs. Paquin worked hard to create a Field Day schedule and stations so that all children at AES will be able to enjoy a very memorable last day of school. There will be 11 stations and all students will travel with their class. There is no need for bathing suits or towels this year. We also have a “surprise station” that should be lots of fun. Students will be able to get a treat at the ice cream truck (compliments of the PTO). Field Day will last most of the day.
3. Congrats to our 3rd and 4th graders for doing a great job on their state testing. I will be sharing scores by the end of the year as we still have some students making up tests next week.
4. If your student is still bringing his/her device to/from school, please note that they will have to turn in the device, case, and charger the last week of school. Check in to make sure they have all three items to return.
5. 6/14/21 – School Board Meeting at 6:00 pm at AES.