Report to the Community
Good day. This is the second of monthly reports I will be publishing for the Community of Allenstown School District to follow the progress of your new building project.
I am your Owners Project Manager, Gordon Bristol. One part of my role is to keep you, the Community, informed of the progress of the project. I will be giving monthly reports, in person, and to the School Board. I will also provide monthly reports to the Community via this Report and from time to time we will hold informational updates.
Here is some of the progress thus far:
- We are now in good communication with your town Code Enforcement Officer. He will be playing a role in ensuring your towns building and town code interface is ongoing and productive.
- We have met with the Department of Education. Our school is one of the first full new schools in the new educational funding process. We are enjoying working with the state on this process.
- Site testing continues. What are the soils we are working with? Are there any special plants or species to be concerned with? These are ongoing studies.
- We are continuing working with ideas for alternate energy for our campus. Will it be a solar array? We will continue to study.
- We are investigating any issues of traffic on the nearby state route and any need for a sidewalk on the River Road. We continue to point out that the school will have a good buffer between the current road and the main body of campus. Do we need to consider a turning lane on Route 28? We are also looking into some thoughts of what is the traffic on the actual river road.
- Your team continues the ongoing process of meeting with various academic disciplines. i.e.; athletics, science, math and others to begin the process of understanding any particular academic needs the school building and site needs to accommodate.
We are off to a good start on your behalf. We encourage your input and questions.
Also, please feel free to call me at 802-380-1157 or write me at[email protected]
The District wishes for this to be a totally transparent project with as much information to you as possible. Please let us know how we are doing.
Gordon Bristol Consulting